Phone: (214) 744-3000
Fax: (214) 744-3015
Every lawyer needs a good doctor. But every doctor also needs a good lawyer. Jody Rudman is a healthcare litigation partner who dedicates her practice to the representation of doctors, dentists, medical practices, and other healthcare providers in their disputes with one another, with insurance companies, hospitals, state boards and agencies, and all agencies of the federal government. A legal strategist who can help avoid the courtroom, she is also a two-decade courtroom trial lawyer, and a veteran of numerous jury trials, state and federal.
Jody has significant experience representing providers suing insurance companies who refuse to pay claims or violate prompt pay laws. She defends Medical Board investigations, counsels and advocates in peer review and credentialing matters, and litigates non-compete and commerical disputes. She is also a former federal prosecutor and a former Special Assistant Attorney General of Texas with significant experience in healthcare fraud cases.
Jody’s experience also includes ERISA litigation and whistleblower lawsuits involving the healthcare industry. A twice-published author and media source on matters involving ERISA, she was previously named to D Magazine’s list of Best Lawyers under 40.
Jody was licensed in 1993 upon graduation from the University of Chicago Law School. She is a Dallas native and a graduate of The Hockaday School, where she served six years on the Alumnae Board.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court of Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court of Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court of Northern District of Illinois
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Illinois
- The University of Chicago Law School – JD 1993
- Northwestern University – BS 1990
- The Hockaday School -1986
- Healthcare Law and Litigation
- Healthcare Whistleblower Lawsuits
- Healthcare and White Collar Criminal Defense
- ERISA Litigation